Sylvan Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Aude aliquid dignum
Order of the Laurel, August 2013
Companion of the Order of the Millrind, March 2011
Companion of the Fleur d’Æthelmearc, June 2005
Companion of the Keystone, May 2002
Order of the Sycamore, August 2004
Award of Arms, September 2001
Order of Copernicus (Given once a year to a person who most exemplifies what we in the Debatable Lands aspire to within the Society), August 2017
Order of the Gold Comet (Debatable Lands Service Award), November 2012
Order of the Comet Blue-White (Debatable Lands Arts & Sciences Award), November 2012
Order of the Comet Azure-Argent (Debatable Lands Arts & Sciences Award), October 2010
Order of the Gold Comet (Debatable Lands Service Award), June 2005
Order of the Comet Azure-Argent (Debatable Lands Arts & Sciences Award), May 2003
Order of the Comet Or (Debatable Lands Service Award), August 2001
- Recognized for a second time as the Gode Cookery site of the month in May 2011.
- Winner of the 2010 Wooden Pin Competition with the entry, “The Four Seasons”. This made me the winner of both the first Wooden Pin competition and the last Wooden Pin competition.
- Winner of the Culinary category in the 2010 Ice Dragon competition with the entry “How to Make Eggs” a translation, analysis and interpretation of a sixteenth century Dutch stuffed egg recipe.
- Translator for the winning entry of the 2009 Wooden Pin competition. The winner was Sir Aengus MacBain.
- Translator of several recipes included in “A Boke of Gode Cookery: Volume One“, published in 2007.
- Medievalcooking.org was recognized for the first time as the Godecookery “Site of the Month” in July 2006.
- The menu for the 2006 Alabama Renaissance Faire was based on my Frisian food and culture research.
- Winner of the 2005 William Blackfox Award for “Best Special Issue” as editor of the Arts and Sciences issue of the Althing (the newsletter of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands).
- Winner of the first Wooden Pin competition with the entry, “Almond Pie in the English Manner”.
- Won the “Best Documentation” category at Atlantian Coronation (Spring 2005) with the research paper, “Frisian Cuisine: Roasted Chicken with Stuffing.”.
Current Positions Held
Seneschal, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, February 2016 – Present (Term ends February 2020)
Clerk, Order of the Fleur d’Æthelmearc, January 2015 – Present (Term ends January 2019)
Previous Positions Held
Deputy Clerk, Order of the Millrind, October 2017 – April 2018
Signet, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, August 2011 – May 2016
Head of the Scribal Guild, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, August 2011 – February 2016
Webminister, Order of the Fleur d’Æthelmearc, Kingdom of Æthelmearc, September 2009-January 2013
Chancellor of the Æcademy, Kingdom of Æthelmearc, January 2011-January 2015
Provost of the Æcademy, Kingdom of Æthelmearc, October 2009 – January 2011
Deputy A&S Minister, Shire of Sunderoak, January 2009 – January 2011
Deputy Kingdom A&S Minister, Kingdom of Æthelmearc, January 2007-January 2011
A&S Officer, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, January 2005-January 2007
Webminister, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, November 2004 – November 2006
Room Reservationist, CMU, College of Cour d’Or, February 2003-May 2006
Recording Secretary, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, November 2003-January 2005
Maintainer of the Baronial Order of Precedence, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, January 2004-June 2005
Deputy Seneschal, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, November 2001-January 2005
Baronial Steward, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, September 2001-April 2003
Mistress of Huis Witschoof
“nihil fit ex nihilo”
Member of the Æthelmearc Cook’s Guild. January 2002-Present
Policy Committee, SCA Grand Council, February 2014
Apprenticed to Master Huon Dambrigge, May 2005-August 2013
Member of the Æthelmearc Scribes Guild, January 2003-August 2006, September 2009-January 2012, August 2015-August 2017
Did the original redesign for the Æthelmearc Rapier Combat webpage in 2004.
Æthelmearc Æcademy, June 2005
Cook’s Collegium, November 2004
Baronial Twelfth Night, January 2001
Agincourt XIII, October 2018 (with Baroness Constance Glyn Dwr)
Coronation of Rurik and Elspeth, September 2002 (with Mistress Ts’vee’a bas Tseepora Levi)
Clown Tourney, April 2000 (with Master Christofano Vecchione)
Events as Head Cook:
Known World Heralds and Scribes Conference, 2018
The Vigil of Constance Glyn Dwr, October 2017
The Vigil of Ulliam mac an tSoir, December 2015
Agincourt iX, October 2014
Æthelmearc Scribal Reception, August 2014
Kingdom for a Stage, February 2014
Known World Scribal Reception, August 2012
The Vigil of Huon Dambrygge of Wychwood, October 2011
Agincourt IV, October 2009 (mentoring Lady Elß of Augsburg, the lunch cook)
The Vigil of Þorgrim Skullsplitter, August 2009
Æthelmearc War College, June 2009
Agincourt III, October 2008
BMDL Baronial Dinner (coordinated food), August 2008
Agincourt II, October 2007
Agincourt, October 2006
Pennsic Æthelmearc Party (coordinated food), August 2006
Known World Exchequers and Seneschal’s Symposium Reception, April 2006
Pennsic Æthelmearc Party (coordinated food), August 2005
Memorial Dinner for Johann von Traubenberg, August 2005
Vetr Þing, February 2005
Kriskindermart, December 2003
BMDL Baronial Dinner, August 2002
Cour d’Or Schola, September 2001
Events as Co-Cook or Assistant Cook
Saturday Feast Cook and Friday “Traveler’s Feast”, Agincourt XII, September 2017 (with Lady Zianna Beguy Urdina de Zabaleta as the lunch cook)
Saturday Feast Cook and Friday “Traveler’s Feast”, Agincourt XI, October 2016 (with Edelvrowe Lijsbet du Keukere and THL Ottilige von Rappoltsweiler as lunch cooks)
Co-Cook, Known World Queen’s Tea, August 2016 (with Lady Ottilige von Rappoltsweiler)
Saturday Feast Cook and Friday “Traveler’s Feast”, Agincourt X, October 2015 (with Lord Takamatsu Gentarou Yoshitaka as lunch cook)
Feast Cook, Agincourt VII, November 2012 (with Lord Jorundr as lunch cook)
Feast Cook, Agincourt V, October 2010 (with Lady Elß of Augsburg and Alethea Cowle, lunch cooks)
Assist. Cook, Queen’s Rapier Championship, May 2010 (Head Cook, Lady Elß of Augsburg)